Monday 3 September 2007

Buzzwlli Kime




Kime Buzzelli is describes her work as “transforming the hideous into something with glamour” and the idea of “lost innocence, teen lust- that making out in the back seat, kinda feeling.” What I take inspiration from in Buzzelli’s work is her vast use of media. Often creating illustrations from make-up, watercolour, thread and fabric. The combination of these materials creates an intriguingly beautiful effect. What I find of particular interest is the way Buzzelli creates an image with various emphasis. Some aspects are extremely detailed and intricate, using deep colours, yet this conflicts with often sketchy pencil drawings. I like the contrast. Looking at illustrations as this makes me want to be more daring in my own work, using a variety of materials and creating images that are layered and built upon, to create something which is full of colour and activity.

No comments: