Saturday 3 November 2007

The Mighty Boosh




This is a blog...

but is it really a blog?

If you haven't seen the Mighty Boosh, where have you been? I thought I would just add one of my favourite clips of this cult British comedy to my blog.

The Mighty Boosh is basically about two characters, Howard Moon and Vince Noir, jazz poet and electro mod, and their surreal, almost magical adventures. The show is extremely funny and well observed with continuous references to pop culture. It also fatures a range of different music styles with both Vince and Howard singing and playing instruments.

What I really like is the montage style of film with animation, which I think contributes to its cutting edge image. The whole image of the second series is quite magical, almost Tim Burton esque.

It's creative genius, highlighting aspects of everyday life.

Howard: I don't think lady fame would shop at Tesco, she'd shop at Mark if anything.
Vince: She goes to Marks for her bits. She doesn't do her main shop there, no one does.






No comments: